Tuesday, September 18, 2012

The Even Easier Pajamma Pants!

Noah spotted this cute flannel fabric in the clearance bin and insisted we buy it to make something for Gigi.
And I agreed because...let's face it, I'm a sucker for cheap fabric!
I didn't decide what to do with it until I checked her pajama drawer and discovered that she has outgrown most of her warm pjs!
I actually went ahead and made her a Pajama set, but I decided to make the top a separate tutorial and just focus on the super easy pants pattern today.
The major difference between this pattern and the previous one is that instead of 4 pieces to put together, this one only has 2!
To create the pattern turn the pants inside out and line up the fold with the edge of the pattern paper.
Trace around the pants, adding 1/4 inch for seam allowance.
Make sure to add 1 1/2 inches to the top of the waist, and 1 inch for the hem.
Fold your fabric in half with right sides facing and pin your pattern to the fabric lining up the long straight edge with the folded edge of your fabric.  You will need two of these.
When you open your pieces should look like this.
Now lay both pieces together with right sides facing and pin the curved edges.
Sew both curves using a 1/4" seam allowance.
Remember to finish those edges with a zig zag stitch or serger!
Now open the pants up and pin all the way up one leg and down the other.
Sew using a 1/4" seam allowance.
To finish simply fold down the waist, as we did with the original pj pants pattern HERE.
I chose to insert the elastic all the way around this time, but either way works.
Hem the legs to your desired length and you're done!
Now, I should explain that while this simpler pattern works great for kids, it is not one that I would recommend for adults!
 
Because the pattern is two pieces instead of 4, the front is exactly the same as the back...
Which means that there is no extra room for the "junk in your trunk!"
Yea, I said that!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment